This week, foreign interference and its impacts on national security have remained high on the headlines, with the PMO announcing further action to combat foreign interference. Unlike the United States, Canada does not have a foreign interference act
- Canada roiled by leaked intelligence reports of Chinese election ‘meddling.’ How did Global get all that information? Is foreign interference in our elections just typical now? Hope not.
- Tories keep pressure on the Liberals to call a public inquiry countering foreign interference.
- Chinese foreign interference in Canada? Chinese Canadians say DUH!
- Foreign Interference in Canada: Police Stations, the Convoy, Electoral Interference, espionage and foreign interference yeh that seemed to have happened, but what would have happened in a united states election?
- Trudeau admits he hasn’t heeded intelligence watchdog’s recommendations in the past.
- Leaks on China’s interference attempts ‘deeply damaging to Canadian democracy’: from a former CSE official.
- Robust protections urgently needed for Canadian citizens and our democracy wrote Daphne Bramham, but will a registry of foreign influencers help that much?
Cyber threats, issues, and security
- CSIS warns ‘smart city’ technology can open door to attacks, foreign interference.
- Houston Healthcare falls victim to a cybersecurity attack, tech professor warns on how to avoid.
- U.S. government warns of Royal ransomware attacks against critical infrastructure.
- EPA takes steps to address cybersecurity weaknesses at water utilities.
- Sale of Stolen Credentials and Initial Access Dominate Dark Web Markets
- The report sets out for Canadian non-profits cybersecurity objectives for Canadian non-profits.
- CyberWire: The US National Cybersecurity Strategy is out. Dish Network reports disruption. US Marshals Service sustains a data breach. Trends and reports, hot off the presses.
- Cyber attack hits engineering giant with contracts for military bases, power plants.
- Cyberattacks put the spotlight on weak Canadian laws, says cybersecurity expert.
- Cyberattack a $23 million hit on Maple Leaf ledger. This stuff all costs money.
- Bill C-27 moves ahead in House of Commons next week as TikTok concerns grow.
- TikTok banned for some government employees. What about Airdrie?
- The UK is banning TikTok on government devices — joining the US, Canada, and the EU — despite a charm offensive dubbed ‘Project Clover,’ report says which suggests the problem is fairly rampant on Government systems.